Operations and Running of DAMU from 28 February to 23 March 2021
In light of the current situation and the recently issued government measures, all existing measures concerning the running of DAMU Academy and the operating regime of the faculty administrative staff (valid until 28 February 2021) remain effective up until 21 March 2021.
- All individuals entering the premises of DAMU are obliged to use hand disinfection at the faculty entrance and cover their airways with an appropriate protective device based on the measures issued by the Ministry of Health on 22 February 2021. This means that it is prohibited to be without a FFP2/KN95 respirator or a similar device, in compliance with the Ministry of Health measures, on the premises of DAMU Academy.
- Students with their place of residence outside Prague, who need to visit DAMU for the purpose of an individual consultation, an exam or an urgent visit to the Academic Office of DAMU, can use the form available HERE. Based on the information issued by the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic, this form is sufficient to provide a reason for travelling out of a region. Alternatively, you can also use a statutory declaration where you state the place, time and purpose of travel.
Operations and Running of DAMU:
- All educational activity will continue to be organized exclusively via distance education, any other type of education (including CŽV courses) on the premises of DAMU and beyond, is prohibited.
- Individual consultations of students and teaching staff (1 student + 1 member of the academic staff) on the premises of DAMU are allowed (however, if possible, an online/electronic form of consultation is recommended).
- Exams (entrance, final and other exams – not rehearsals of artistic subjects within lessons) and their contact form on the premises of DAMU are allowed, more specifically the personal presence of students of all years at these exams is allowed provided that there are not more than 10 people in all (including the teaching staff).
- Lecturers can also use the premises and the technical facilities of the faculty for the purpose of distance teaching without any limitations.
- Students of DAMU are still allowed to enter the faculty only on workdays and for special reasons, such as:
- visiting the library (only loans and returns of books, books need to be reserved online in advance, the study room remains closed);
- organization of necessary matters at the Academic Office of DAMU or at the secretariat of their department (always after a previous phone or email arrangement with the secretary of the department or a relevant academic officer) which cannot be organized via phone or email;
- visiting the central storeroom for technical equipment (PLATO) – only in special cases such as loans for the purpose of distance education and solely after a previous phone/email arrangement with the storage managers;
- individual rehearsing of students in the classrooms and on the premises of the faculty is forbidden.
- The operations of the DISK Theatre are suspended, including rehearsals and planned productions.
DAMU Library opening hours: the study room remains completely closed, opening hours of the library: Monday through Thursday 10 am – 3 pm, Friday CLOSED
PC room: closed
Academic Office: standard office hours apply – Monday through Thursday (10 am – 12 pm)
Central storeroom for technical equipment (PLATO): loans are limited to technical equipment needed for organization of distance education, the opening times of the storeroom are limited to Tuesday and Thursday from 12 pm to 4 pm – loans and returns of technical equipment are possible only after previous phone/email arrangement with the storage managers (Jiří Ladzianský – email@example.com or Josef Maděra – firstname.lastname@example.org)
The operations of the administrative staff are partially limited. Individual measures apply in case of the presence of more employees in one office. Office days at the department secretariats are set at Tuesday and Thursday.
Within this regime and with regards to the current situation, it is still important to strictly observe all health regulations and recommendations, such as protection of airways, hand washing, keeping distance between employees, frequent disinfection of entrance ways/door handles to individual offices and administrative spaces.
DAMU Reception: remains open 24/7 – the receptionist on duty, who allows students into the DAMU building (in compliance with the above-mentioned valid measures), will write the student’s name down in the registration book and announce their arrival via phone call to the DAMU library, Administrative Office, secretariat of the concerned department, storeroom (depending on the purpose of the student’s visit). When exams are taking place, the department secretary will provide a list of names of students/applicants to the DAMU reception in advance who have been granted permission to be present in person at a particular exam – the receptionist on duty will proceed based on the provided lists of names of reported students/applicants.
Document record service: incoming and outgoing mail, organized through the AMU filling office, will be further organized in a standard regime only from Monday to Thursday.
Mgr. MgA. Doubravka Svobodová, Dean of DAMU
Ing. Iva Štveráková, Secretary of DAMU
3. March 2021