Updates and Measures Introduced by DAMU in Response to COVID-19
Theatre Faculty closely observes the current development of the epidemiologic situation with regards to COVID-19 disease. The measures and regulations announced by the Rector on 2nd September 2020, supplemented with directions issued by the Dean of DAMU on the same day remain valid (here).
The Dean of DAMU makes an appeal to all students, teachers and employees and asks them to behave responsibly and take into consideration the vulnerable population groups among our colleagues and students and when they feel any symptoms of the COVID or other respiratory diseases, they avoided group meetings and in case of persisting problems contacted their general practitioner.
Contact information: Please direct all your questions and suggestions related to COVID-19 and the operation mode at the faculty at email: email@example.com. All updates and important information will be published as soon as possible in the NEWS section at the DAMU website.
Recommendations for students and teachers – what to do when …?
- Their result for the COVID-19 test is positive:
- Follow the regulation of self-isolation and follow the instructions of your doctor and KHS (Regional Public Health Authority); it is strictly forbidden to enter the premises of DAMU.
- Inform the secretary of your department immediately (by telephone or via email), who will then report the COVID positive cases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will inform the secretary also in case they have not yet participated in the lessons at DAMU and did not enter the academy in the crucial period. If the COVID-19 positive student informs her or his teacher, this teacher needs to immediately inform the department secretary about this fact.
- During the quarantine period, the student is excused from the lessons.
- If the student or teacher has been to DAMU within the crucial/critical period i.e. within the past 5 calendar days, they will report all the times of their presence at DAMU and all events, rehearsals, exams or lessons they took part in to the secretary of their department to serve further contact tracing.
- The secretary of the department will inform everyone who have met with the positive-tested student or teacher (all students, teachers, employees, etc.) at DAMU – all the individuals who have met the positive-tested person:
- stay in isolation, do not participate in any group events and follow all hygiene regulations and instructions;
- contact KHS or their general practitioner or wait to receive their instructions;
- do not attend DAMU (until they receive negative test result, or until the quarantine period ordered by the KHS office is over);
- in case the quarantine was not ordered by the KHS – all the individuals are obliged to use the protective respiratory equipment preventively even beyond the regulations issued by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic (while meeting other students, colleagues, friends), strictly follow the recommended distance, etc.;
- if possible, teachers should transfer their lessons online, or alternatively agree with the head of the department on cancelling the lesson or its compensation at another date.
- They have met a person who tested positive for COVID-19:
- Immediately inform the secretary of your department who will then inform the DAMU administration office via the email@example.com email address.
- Contact KHS or your GP and follow the instructions of the KHS during the potential contact tracing process.
- Strictly follow the hygienic measures.
- Use the protective respiratory equipment preventively even beyond the regulations issued by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic (while meeting other students, colleagues, friends, teachers).
- Limit your presence at group events.
- Do not attend DAMU until you receive negative test result, or until the quarantine period ordered by the KHS office is over.
- In case of colliding exam dates, these students are excused and can ask for a new exam date.
- They have symptoms of the COVID-19 or other viral/respiratory disease in general:
- Contact via telephone or email your general practitioner, KHS office or emergency and wait for their instructions.
- Immediately inform the department secretary who will share this information with the DAMU administration office via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Even without the doctor’s recommendation stay home, refrain from taking part in any group events, follow hygienic measures (even beyond the recommendations of the Ministry of Health) and rules of quarantine.
- If possible, teachers should transfer their lessons online, or alternatively agree with the head of the department on cancelling the lesson or its compensation at another date.
- Students will ask the teachers to excuse them from the obligatory presence at the lesson.
In case the administrative officers and THP DAMU are tested positive for COVID-19 disease or have met a COVID-19 positive-tested individual or have symptoms of COVID-19 or viral/respiratory disease in general, they must immediately inform via telephone or email the faculty secretary Ing. Iva Štveráková.
The dean of DAMU further orders to:
- Create a list of names of participants at any rehearsal, group or individual lesson, consultation, or other school activity (workshops, seminars, meetings, etc.). The list has to include date, time and room number, in case some external people were present, it is not necessary to state their telephone contact, if it was duly reported at the reception while entering the DAMU building. Everyone needs to sign this document and with their signature confirm their presence and the fact that they do not show any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other respiratory disease.
- A representative of the participants (teacher or student, i. e. when rehearsal is led without presence of the teacher) will report this document to the secretary at the secretariat of their department from each of these meetings (rehearsal, lesson, workshop, etc.).
COVID-19 information hotline (dial 1221) is also available in English from anywhere in the Czech Republic on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Prague Public Health Authority information line (dial 227 272 065) is available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Mgr. et MgA. Doubravka Svobodová
Dean of DAMU
18. September 2020