Dear colleagues and students,
I would like to inform you of a recent decision by the government of the Czech Republic on further moderation of restrictive measures in the area of higher education.
Under the measure of the government of the Czech Republic dated 23 April 2020 file no. 455, exceptions were set out to the ban on students’ personal presence at universities.
The ban on students’ personal presence for instruction and examinations when studying at a higher education institution pursuant to Act No. 111/1998 Sb., on higher education institutions, remains in effect.
However, the ban on students’ personal presence does not apply:
a) to individual visits by students of all class years to libraries and study rooms for purposes of receiving or submitting academic literature;
b) to the personal presence of students of all class years of studies in these cases:
1) a consultation or examination in the presence of at most 5 persons;
2) an artistic or experimental work, especially for the realisation of final works and graduate performances within the scope of a Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral academic programme in the presence of at most 5 persons;
3) practical instruction and professional experience.
Students are permitted to participate in the specified forms of instruction, examination or other activity at the higher education institution only if the following conditions are met:
- the student does not have acute health symptoms corresponding to an infectious viral illness (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of senses of taste and smell, etc.);
- the student disinfects his or her hands upon entering the room in which the examination or instruction is to take place;
- the student is not subject to a quarantine order at the time of the visit;
- the student provides a written affirmation attesting to the absence of symptoms of an infectious viral illness during the previous two weeks.
The text of this affirmation is attached and will also be made available upon entering the higher education institution.
Students in cases 1) - 3) as specified above may attend and move about at the higher education institution within the scope of the stipulated forms of instruction, examination or other activity only with respiratory protective equipment for the nose and mouth such as a respirator, veil, face mask, scarf or other equipment which hinders the spread of droplets, provided the nature of the artistic activity permits the use of such equipment. Otherwise, I recommend maintaining a distance of at least 3 metres from other persons. Further details may be stipulated by the faculties.
The above-mentioned exceptions and measures shall take effect on 4 May 2020.
These measures were considered by AMU Rector’s College on 24 April 2020.
At the same time, I would like to draw your attention to the Rector's Decree No. 4/2020, which lays down special rules for the study and activities of academic bodies at the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague in the calendar year 2020.
doc. Jan Hančil