Operations and running of DAMU from 24 May 2021
In connection with the extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic No. 14600/2021-11/MIN/KAN from 19 May 2021 (HERE) and extraordinary measure of the ministry from 22 May 2021 No. 21735/2021-1/MIN/KAN (HERE) the operations and running of DAMU and the operating regime of the faculty administration, effective as of 24 May 2021, will be organized as follows:
- In-person practical as well as theoretical education and training/practice of students is allowed (all study subjects/programmes, all years), including individual teaching of stage speech, voice education and singing. During the lessons, with the exception of practical lessons and training/practice, and during exams, it is necessary to keep the minimal distance of 1.5 m. All the obligatory hygienic regulations of the Government of the Czech Republic are in force during all the lessons.
- Consultations of students with teachers are allowed without any other limitations under the condition that all necessary health safety regulations (covering of airways, disinfection and hand washing, keeping distance of 1.5 m, if the consultation is not part of the practical education/training) are observed; if further use of online/electronic means of consultation is possible, it is still recommended.
- Exams (final and other exams) and their in-person form on the premises of DAMU are allowed without any limitation (number of people, etc.), provided that the minimal distance between all participants is 1.5 m.
- Independent rehearsals of students on the premises of the faculty are allowed, including rehearsing in the DISK Theatre (according to the valid schedule).
- Lessons which are part of sport activities (facultative subjects provided by the AMU Sports, Movement and Rehabilitation Centre) are not allowed except for sport activities performed outdoors.
- Choir lessons are not allowed.
- Participation at the courses of lifelong learning on the premises of DAMU and outside is allowed under the conditions stated in the Ministry of Health extraordinary measure from 19. May 2021 No. 14601/2021-13/MIN/KAN (HERE)
- The total number of present people cannot be higher than 50, if the lessons of lifelong education take place inside, and higher than 100, if they take place outside.
- All participants of the lifelong education have to use safety devices covering their airways (nose, mouth) such as a face mask (respirator) or a similar device based on the valid regulations during the entire lesson.
- Unless the lifelong education is a practical one or a practical rehearsal, all the participants of the education must be seated and between each of the participants, there has to be at least one empty seat.
- Participants of the lifelong education can enter the faculty building if they do not show any symptoms of the COVID-19 disease and under the following conditions:
- at the entrance to the building, they need to show a negative PCR test result not older than 7 days or a negative antigen test result not older than 72 hours issued by a medical service provider (self-tests performed by the lifelong education participants are not acceptable or
- they have to show a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Ministry of Health whereby
at least 22 days have elapsed since the first dose of vaccine was given in the case of a two-dose schedule, but not more than 90 days if the second dose has not been given,
at least 22 days have elapsed since the first dose of vaccine was administered in the case of a two-dose schedule, but not more than 9 months if the second dose has been administered, or
at least 14 days but not more than 9 months have elapsed since the administration of the vaccine dose in the case of a single dose schedule, or
- show a sworn declaration of having the COVID-19 infection (confirmed by a lab) while the isolation period has already passed and from the first positive test not more than 180 days have passed.
- Entrance to the faculty is allowed during the opening hours, daily from 7:00 to 11 pm. Students’ requests to enter outside of these opening hours will not be approved.
- Students can enter the school building under the same conditions as the employees (negative PCR or antigen test result, or a sworn declaration of having the COVID-19 infection within the previous 180 days or proof of vaccination according measures from 22 May 2021). Students of all years have the opportunity to use the testing provided by AMU on the premises of the faculty (Tuesday and Thursday), or alternatively at other premises of AMU (HAMU, FAMU, and FAMU Studio) within the dates offered in the AMU reservation system – a negative test result from the school not older than 7 days is a condition to enter the building and be present at education. In case of testing by another provider of medical services, the student has to show a confirmation of the negative test result not older than 72 hours upon entrance to the building. (Self-tests performed by students on their own are not acceptable) – see more detailed info in a separate newsletter and the testing infographics.
- PC room: It is allowed to use the PC room (Monday to Friday 10 am – 5 pm) – if you are interested, you need to register in advance at the address: email@example.com (maximum number of students in the PC room is limited to 4, you can only use designated PCs to ensure required distance of 1.5 m from other users).
- DAMU Library: It is allowed to visit the library individually in order to receive or return study literature (loans need to be booked online in advance), the study room is open – while using the study room, it is necessary to observe the safety regulations of covering airways and keeping the distance of 1.5 m between individuals for the entire time – opening hours are organized in the standard regime: Monday through Thursday 10 am – 5 pm, Friday 10 am – 1 pm.
- Academic Office of DAMU: operates in a standard regime – opening hours: Monday through Thursday 10 am to 12 pm – it is further recommended that students organize their matters over phone or electronically as much as possible.
- DAMU Central Storeroom for Technical Equipment (PLATO): operates in the original standard regime – opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – always from 12 pm to 4 pm – both lending and returns are possible only after previous phone/email communication with the storage managers (firstname.lastname@example.org), loans need to be preceded with an online reservation in the PLATO system.
- It is allowed to organize entrance exams without limitation of participants under the condition that all participants keep the minimal distance of 1.5 m.
- Study applicants can enter the building under the following conditions: personal presence at an exam is allowed, if the applicant does not have any symptoms of the COVID-19 disease + shows a negative PCR or antigen test result issued by a medical service provider or another university or college and the negative test result is not older than 7 days (or is evidenced by an affidavit of COVID-19 in the last 180 days or evidenced by a certificate of vaccination according to the conditions of 22 May 2021).
- The administration operates in the regular working hours regime. The individual measure in case of presence of more employees in one office is cancelled as well as the individual measure in form of limited/agreed volume of work organized from home due to needed care for pre-school age children/children of younger school age in view of the reopening of elementary schools and kindergartens.
- Document record service: ingoing and outgoing mail organized through the filing office of AMU runs in a standard regime from Monday to Friday.
- DAMU Reception: operates in a standard regime, it is open 24/7.
- Entrance into the faculty building: In connection with the extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health from 5 March 2021, employees can enter the faculty building and perform their work at their workplace only if they have had an antigen or PCR test for COVID-19 disease performed in the preceding 7 days and its result is negative. The DAMU reception checks the validity of the negative test. Each AMU employee is obliged to undergo this check at reception.
- Each employee of DAMU (in-house, external working on contracts) has the opportunity to use the testing of DAMU employees directly on the premises of the faculty (reservations are made through the AMU reservation system HERE), or they can organize their tests at a medical service provider outside of AMU (in this case, they need to prove a negative test result at the DAMU reception and the validity of the test made there – electronic confirmation of the negative test result has to be provided at the reception for the receptionist to check, as well as sent electronically to email@example.com).
- Employees who had COVID-19 disease in the past 180 days can also enter the workplace (calculated from the first positive test, demonstrated at the reception with a sworn declaration, available for download HERE) as well as those who were vaccinated against COVID-19 and shall be proved at the gatehouse at the entrance to the building by a vaccination certificate, whereby:
- at least 22 days have elapsed since the first dose of vaccine was given in the case of a two-dose schedule, but not more than 90 days if the second dose has not been given,
- at least 22 days have elapsed since the first dose of vaccine was administered in the case of a two-dose schedule, but not more than 9 months if the second dose has been administered, or
- at least 14 days but not more than 9 months have elapsed since the administration of the vaccine dose in the case of a single dose schedule,
- The same rules apply for the entrance of representatives of external companies, suppliers, etc. into the building.
- It remains important to continue to observe all the hygienic rules and recommendations such as covering airways with appropriate safety devices based on the regulation of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic from 4 May 2021 i.e. on all the premises of DAMU Academy, it is prohibited to be present without a FFP2/KN95 respirator or a similar device in compliance with the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic measure, hand washing, keeping appropriate distance between employees (minimum of 1.5 m), continuous disinfection of entrances/door handles into individual offices and administrative spaces. All individuals are required to disinfect their hands upon entrance to the faculty.
Doc. Karel František Tománek, Dean of DAMU
Ing. Iva Štveráková, Secretary of DAMU
21. May 2021